Tooth Decay No More with Tooth-Colored Fillings in Livonia, MI
Leaving a cavity unfixed is not a good idea. It aggravates not just a toothache but other complications like bad breath, an abscess, and infection. An early decay, however, is reversible. By committing to proper oral hygiene, dental treatments like fluoride, and the right diet, anyone can cease caries from developing further. But what if tooth decay has already progressed? Our practice at Willow Wood Dental can provide dental fillings treatment. We use composite resin as our main filling material.
Tooth-Colored Fillings: What to Expect
Here are the things that patients need to know before having their cavity filled with tooth-colored fillings:
- The procedure involved with tooth-colored fillings is not at all complicated. But patients are advised to come in the dental clinic an hour prior to the actual application for the dental professional to have an adequate time assessing the affected tooth. Take note that certain tests like x-rays are sometimes needed.
- Tooth-colored fillings do not just cater to the decayed tooth. Those who have problems with their teeth other than decays can be good candidates for the treatment too. Examples of issues that tooth-colored fillings can fix are broken tooth and damaged pearly whites due to bruxism.
- Sadly, tooth-colored fillings are not permanent. Patients should see the dentist as soon as they see signs of wearing to their restorations.
- Since tooth-colored fillings do not require complex processes, it is safe to say that comfort is assured with this type of treatment. Nevertheless, teeth sensitivity is a typical aftereffect of the procedure. We recommend countering it with desensitizing oral care products.
- Taking care of the fillings as well as the filled tooth is necessary to avoid potential complications such as infections or damage to the restoration.
A smile that is free from a cavity is always nice to have. But small tooth decay should not make you feel sad. This issue is easily mended through the use of tooth-colored fillings. Be sure to address the problem right away in our clinic so we can treat it while early.
Don’t let a cavity turn into a root canal! Seek immediate professional attention upon noticing a tooth decay. Here at Willow Wood Dental, you can guarantee that our Tooth-Colored Fillings in Livonia, MI can help you achieve a cavity-free smile!