Dental Trivia: Fun and Interesting Facts about Dental Health – Livonia, MI
Maintaining good oral health is essential to achieve the ideal optimal health. Prevention is always the key to reduce the demand for dental treatments and dental care services. The best thing to do to attain the oral health each person deserve is to practice good oral hygiene and see the dentist for regular checkups and examinations. Here at Willow Wood Dental, we provide Regular Dental Checkups to diagnose, prevent and treat possible dental issues that may arise.
Dental Fun Facts and Tips
- Not flossing means missing to clean the 40 percent of the tooth surface. A person is recommended to brush twice daily, but brushing after every meal is even better. Also, make sure to clean and brush the teeth before and after going to bed as well as to floss daily.
- More than 300 types of bacteria make up dental plaques. Bacteria is the leading cause and the primary suspect of tooth decay. These bacteria are usually homed in the tooth’s deep grooves and fissures particularly at the back teeth and the tongue. To ensure a healthy mouth, don’t feed bacterias and avoid sugary foods and drinks. Also, try to keep the mouth sustained with enough saliva, for it acts as the natural cleanser of the mouth.
- The tooth enamel is the hardest part or substance in the human body, but it is not recommended to use the teeth to open capped drinks and use to tear other materials.
- An average person brushes the teeth for only 45-70 seconds a day. The recommended time for brushing one’s teeth is about 2-3 minutes to clean the teeth, the tongue and the whole mouth thoroughly.
- Each person’s mouth produces 1.5 liters of saliva per day and over 25,000 quarts of saliva in the whole lifetime. It is even enough to fill two swimming pools! Saliva has a vital role in the mouth which includes: assisting in the digestion process and washes away the bacteria in the mouth.
A Little Bit of Interesting Dental History Facts
- In 1498, the first bristled toothbrush was invented in China.
- The earliest recipe for toothpaste included salt, pepper, mint, and dried iris flower. It was created during 400 AD in Egypt
- When people experience a toothache during the Middle Ages in Germany, the cure is a kiss from a donkey.
- The most valuable tooth in history belongs to Sir Isaac Newton which was sold as a ring in London for $3,633 before that has an equivalent of $35,700 today.
- Hesi-re was the earliest known dentist who lived in Egypt over 5,000 years ago.
May it be from the past, or the present time, people have been looking for ways to improve their dental health, which is good. It was hard to monitor and track dental health before, but with the advancements in technology, many dental procedures and methods emerged to help in the treatment of dental health problems.
Be sure to maintain a healthy dental condition. You deserve outstanding dental care services. We provide Regular Dental Checkups in Livonia, MI. Book your appointment with us at Willow Wood Dental and let us help you achieve beautiful and healthy teeth.